Real Estate Expert Witness
Mr. Rothbart is a seasoned real estate expert witness and executive with over 17 years of direct experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate. Generally, Mr. Rothbart’s experience includes, but is not limited to, land and property acquisition, zoning and entitlements, development, general contracting, valuation, acquisitions, debt and equity finance, asset and property management, leasing, sustainability and dispositions. Mr. Rothbart has experience with both domestic and international real estate as well as most property types. Mr. Rothbart is an Illinois licensed attorney, possess and LL.M. in Taxation and has been an Adjunct Professor of Law for over 13 years
– Real Estate Developer & Investor
- Over 17 years of direct commercial and residential real estate experience.
- Direct experience working for publicly traded REIT’s, private equity and developers.
- Participated in over $3,000,000,000 of commercial real estate transactions across property type and geography.
- Formed over $200,000,000 in real estate joint ventures.
- Managed over 11,000,000 SF of commercial real estate assets.
- Procured over $500,000,000 in equity and debt investments.
- Negotiated over 200 leases totaling more than 2,000,000 SF.
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Broker.
- Formerly Held NASD Series 22 and 63 Licenses as well as LEED AP for New Construction (v2.2).
– Expert Witness and Real Estate Consulting
- Served as an expert witness and/or consultant on over 50 different real estate matters with assets valued in excess of $400,000,000.
- Substantial trial and deposition experience.
- Published over 40 articles on commercial real estate investments and markets; cited in over 100 articles.
- Previous clients include municipalities, governmental agencies, universities, insurance companies, public REIT’s, creditors to bankruptcy, equity investors, developers, property owners, tenants and individual homeowners.
- B.A. from Emory University, a J.D. from IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law, an LL.M. in Taxation from Northwestern University and a Certificate in Hotel Real Estate and Asset Management from Cornell University. Mr. Rothbart is expected to receive a Certificate in Real Estate Investment and Development from Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business in 2021.
- Licensed Illinois attorney with focus on real estate, tax, bankruptcy and securities law.
- Adjunct Professor of Law since 2007.